Atif Aslam LIVE in Toronto Images

Friday, December 30, 2011

Atif Aslam - Talks about getting some 'me-time' next year

For someone who can get all the attention he likes with his raspy voice, drop-dead good looks and quick wit, it's surprising that Atif Aslam keeps such a low profile. And, he intends to keep it that way. Gearing up to judge a reality show (though till now he hasn't held reality TV in very high regard), Atif tells CS why he likes to stay low-key, literally

Who: Atif Aslam

What: Talks about getting some 'me-time' next year

Where: At a five-star hotel



Moolah matters not There's just so much happening in my life that I don't want to add to my problems by discussing things in public. I want to be able to give my time to my mom and dad, my family and friends. I might get a million roles and songs to do a few years from now, but I won't get this time with my loved ones again. That doesn't mean that I don't like money. I want it all, but I'm not in a rush to get it.



Winning fans Like every one else, I also enjoy the attention that I get from my fans. If they respect your talent, it's great, but I don't like it when they go overboard. I remember, there was a time when I was performing in Australia when a female fan took off her top in front of me. That felt very odd. Then once on my birthday, a group of girls came to my house and asked for me. And they were only in their underwear. That's not the kind of attention that I appreciate. But yes, I also have fans doing nice things for me that are respectful and mean a lot. I don't consider myself as an icon. I'm not here to win the world, I'm just here to win myself.



Future fix Life's been good to me so far. As I look back, this year has truly been special. It brought many surprises -- my debut film Bol happened, I got to perform with Guns N' Roses, became friends with the bandmates, toured odd places like Surinam, Trinidad, Bali and China. Other than that, I was able to identify a lot of 'distractions' in my life that I needed to get rid of. And I did. So yes, it's been a very goal-oriented year for me and I'm really looking forward to 2012 too. I don't plan the future, but I would love to go back to places like Japan and Australia and walk on the Bondi Beach. And next year, I also hope to attend a few concerts like a normal guy and enjoy myself.

Oh yes, and I also need to buy myself a new machine.



SOURCE = http://www.mid-day.com/entertainment/2011/dec/291211-Atif-needs-me-time.htm

0 comments:

Manchester, UK:Atif Aslam live in concert(Images)